3 Days Pilgrimage Tour to Patmos
Three days on the island of Revelation
Patmos is the island where St. John the Theologian wrote the last book of the New Testament in 95 AD in the Cave of Apocalypse. God revealed to John by tapping on the ground, as for that the island is considered God-trodden and called Jerusalem of the Mediterranean. The monastery of St. John the Theologian and Evangelist, reminiscent of Byzantine castle, is standing like a crown on the hill of Patmos Chora.
Next Pilgrimage Tour to Patmos: 22 September 2017. For more details please visit the Tour Package section.
- Day 1 Piraeus – Patmos
- Day 2 Patmos, Cave Of The Apocalypse
- Day 3 Patmos, Leipsoi, and back to Piraeus
Piraeus – Patmos
Boarding the ferry boat in the late afternoon. Settle in the cabins. Arrival to Patmos in the early morning hours. Settle in the hotel and departure for the Cave of the Apocalypse.
Patmos – Cave Of The Apocalypse
Departure for the Cave of Revelation where Saint John the Divine dictated to student Nicanor the prophetic book of Revelation. Later the pilgrimage continues to the Monastery of St. John dating from the year 108. Religious artifacts, scripts, manuscripts and the Gospel of St. Matthew written in reddish parchment can be admired there.
Then we will get to know Patmos. Excursion to Kampos beach of Lampi. Lunch. Stay for a swim in the beautiful sea of Lampi. Do not get tempted to take the colored pebbles with you, it is prohibited. Please respect the signs. Back to the hotel where dinner is served and overnight.
Patmos – Leipsoi – Piraeus
Day trip to Lipsi with a local boat. Pilgrimage to the church of Our Lady of Charos celebrated on 23 of August. The name “Charos” comes from the miraculous image of Mary depicted holding the Crucified Jesus. Back to Patmos. Boarding the ferry boat and returning to Piraeus.
- Prices starting from Euro 420 per person for the 3 days.
- The prices are based on an average group size of 20 persons, in 4* hotel accommodation, on bed and breakfast basis, including excursions and transportation as stated in the inclusions. Detailed quotations for larger or smaller groups are available on request.
- Dates 22 – 25 September 2017
- Price in Shared Double Room EURO 420
- Price in Single Room EURO 540
- Nights: 3 (2 on the ship traveling to/from Patmos, 1 in Patmos)
- Extra Night in AthensEURO 65 pppn in double BB / EURO 90 pppn in single BB
- The excursion on Sunday 24/9: St. Thekla Osiapostolos is celebrated on September 24th. Her church is built on the homonymous islet opposite Agriolivadi. Charter boats with locals and visitors arrive on the eve of the feast to enjoy the Vespers by the Pope of Campos, the “Artoklasia” (the Breaking of the Loaves) and the traditional “kafedisma” (the treat of coffee).
- Ferry tickets Piraeus – Patmos – Piraeus
- Two (2) nights on the Ferry Boat and one (1) in a 4* hotel
- Daily breakfast
- Transfers, excursions as mentioned in the program
- Tour Leader/Guide
- Liability insurance
- Entrances to visiting sites
- Meals, gratuities
- Everything mentioned in the program as proposed or optional and not mentioned in the inclusions of the tour