Special Rates for Christian Communities!
4 Days Pilgrimage Tour to Corfu
Island of Corfu is one of the most spiritual pilgrimage destinations in Greece
The aristocratic and beautiful Corfu, the northernmost of the Ionian islands, is one of the most spiritual pilgrimage destinations in Greece. In the historic town center, which has been declared as World Heritage monument, stands the holy church of St. Spyridon the Wonderworker. The ideal time to visit the island of Corfu is in spring, especially around Easter, when unique events take place and a distinctive atmosphere of devoutness is felt.
Next Pilgrimage Tour to Corfu: 1st week of May. For more details please visit the Tour Package section.
- Athens, Corfu, Mon Repos, Panagia VlachernaDay 1
- Dasia, Ypsos, Kassiopi, Palaiokastritsa, Life Giving Spring MonasteryDay 2
- Holy Virgin Kassiopitra Monastery, Cannon, Achilleion Palace, St. Spyridon ChurchDay 3
- Corfu, Meteora, AthensDay 4
ATHENS – RIO – CORFU
Departure from Athens via the new bridge of Rio-Antirio, Messolongi, Amfilochia and Arta to Igoumenitsa. Transfer to Corfu island by ferry boat. Arriving there, we will visit for a walk Mon Repos and Cannon peninsula, from where you will have a breathtaking view over Pontikonisi with the church of Panagia Vlacherna. Then check-in at the hotel and overnight.
PILGRIMAGE TO NORTH CORFU
(DASIA – YPSOS – KASSIOPI – PALAIOKASTRITSA – LIFE GIVING SPRING MONASTERY)
We will explore the northern part of the island. In the morning we will visit Dassia and Ypsos, passing from picturesque bays with emerald sea and green countryside. Then, at the beautiful port of Kassiopi we will try the specialties of the region in the local taverns. In the early afternoon we will visit Paleokastritsa and the Monastery ‘Zoodochou Pigis’ of Life-Giving Spring. On the way back we can visit the laboratory of kumquat at Skripero, to taste the most unique productions. Back from the coastal route to the hotel, dinner and overnight.
PILGRIMAGE TO CENTRAL CORFU
(MONASTERY PANAGIA KASSIOPITRA – CANNON – ACHILLEION PALACE – SAINT SPYRIDON CHURCH)
Liturgy at the Monastery of Panagia Kassiopitra at Cannon. Then we will depart for the beautiful Gastouri where we will visit the Achillion Palace of Princess Sissi, admiring the unique view of the landscape and the beautiful garden with wonderful statues (Achilles dying, 9 Muses, etc.).Lunch is at your choice in one of the traditional restaurants either of Benitses village or the Corfu town. Bourdeto, pastitsada and sofritto are some of specialties of the island that we would like to recommend.
In the afternoon we will venerate the relics of the patron saint of the Island, Saint Spyridon. Then we will worship the relics of St. Theodora that can be found inside the large cathedral of Corfu town Panagia Spiliotissa (Madonna of the Cave). Leisure time will follow in the Esplanade, the largest square in Europe and you will be able to explore the picturesque streets of the city and enjoy tea or dinner at Liston.
CORFU – METEORA – ATHENS
In the morning we say goodbye to the wonderful green island. We will take the ferry boat back to Igoumenitsa and return to Athens, via Trikala with a short visit at Meteora.
- Prices starting from Euro 460 per person. The prices include 4* hotel accommodation, on bed and breakfast basis, including excursions and transportation as stated in the inclusions.
- Detailed quotations for groups are available on request.
- Dates1st week of May
- Price in Shared Double RoomEURO 460
- Price in Single RoomEURO 580
- Extra Night in AthensEURO 65 pppn in double BB / EURO 90 pppn in single BB
Events / Festivals
- May 8th in Holy Monastery of Virgin Mary Kassopitra at Canoni, celebrating Panagia’s miracle to a blind boy who after staying in the church over night regained his sight.
- Transportation with private air conditioned bus Athens-Corfu-Athens
- Three (3) nights in a 4* hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Transfers, excursions as mentioned in the program
- Tour leader – Guide
- Liability insurance
- Entrances to visiting sites
- Meals, gratuities
- Everything mentioned in the program as proposed or optional and not mentioned in the included excursion
You are viewing 4 Days Pilgrimage Tour to Corfu, last updated on 14/08/2020.